Populated by German and Swiss refugees from a region along the Rhine, then called the Palatinate in the early 1700’s, the Town of Palatine was established in 1788 after the American Revolutionary War. The town is home to several historic sites, such as the Old Stone Church and Fort Frey.
Invaluable to the historic record of Palatine, is the knowledge of local historian Willis (Skip) Barshied. Over the last several years, Skip has worked with the good people of Dutch Barn Farm to record the town’s history in the form in a series of essays found here.
Other links of interest: